Thursday, October 8, 2009

reading journal questions

Is there an idea in the book that made you stop and think or prompts questions? Yes, I was reading the book "Hatchet" and in the story he was just sitting under that tree for almost two days! Being me I would almost immediately start thinking about the situation and how I could get the resources I need. This is because I am always outdoors hiking or backpacking, I have been doing this since second grade, and I have learned many skills needed in order to survive. I know pretty much what and what not to eat, I know how to find water, I know how to make weapons for hunting such as knives or a bow and arrow.
I also thought that the book ended kind of abruptly, on one page he turns on the rescue transmitter, and the next page he was saved. I was kind of hoping that he would have to do a little more than that to get attention. I liked the part where he opened the plane and got the rescue kit but I was hoping he would use the gun to kill a bear or something. He put the gun together so I was assuming he would use it for something but just as I though he was going out with the gun, the rescue plane came.

No comments:

Post a Comment